Online shopping for a FurHaven dog bed is like walking into a mattress superstore for yourself. Anything and everything is on the table (or your screen!). Our FurHaven dog bed review uncovered a minimum of nine different models, five mattress options, and all kinds of extras, from covers to blankets and bedding.
But, does quantity equate to quality?
You’re about to find out because our in-house expert tester, Scruff, has been working overtime on this FurHaven dog bed review. So, we’ll share his first-hand feedback as well as ours (because Scruff can’t buy or clean his own bed!).
- Expansive collection with a bed for every dog
- Sizes range from Extra Small to Jumbo Plus
- Nine styles with premium upgrade options
- Low VOC, CertiPUR-US certified for non-toxicity
- Wide-range of pricing from under $20 to over $200
- 60-day Worry-Free Warranty and flexible return policy
- Machine washable covers
- Self-warming inserts, covers, and replacement mattresses are available
- Cooling, warming, and orthopedic beds in the collection
- Manufactured in the US
- Smaller beds have a relatively low 3” mattress
- Bottoms aren’t skid-resistant
We’ve identified an extensive list of pros for the FurHaven dog bed. That’s because you have so many options. While we tend to focus on individual dog bed manufacturer’s specialties (i.e., for tear-resistant, approved for outdoor use, designed for crates, etc.), FurHaven covers them all.
The only consistent pattern of critical feedback we could find, and quite a few other owners agree, was the mattress height. It makes sense for the kennel and crate mat collection to feature low-profile padding. But different styles in the collection include a 3” mattress, which is pretty close to the ground.
Overall, we give the beds five out of five paws, mainly because of the number of options, the warranty, self-warming inserts, and ease of cleaning.
What Dogs This Bed is Best For
I don’t think we’ve ever said that a manufacturer had a bed for every dog breed, so we finally get to here.
We have to come at our dog bed reviews with objective but critical eyes to pass on accurate information. And we don’t usually have a tough time figuring out which dog beds are best for certain breeds.
But the benefit of the FurHaven brand is it covers every fur baby. That includes 125-lb. pups who need space to spread out and roll around as well as newborns requiring little room but more security. FurHaven also has cots for dogs who can’t get up and down from the floor comfortably. Outdoor beds, crate mats, hideaways, sofa-style, we’ll touch on all of them.
FurHaven Review – Table of Contents
- Dog Test – Scruff’s Opinion
- Sizes and Options
- Cleaning and Durability
- Warranties and Policies
With so many styles of dog beds and premium upgrades and add-ons, the features of the FurHaven brand are extensive but varied. The following is a list of some common ones. Just keep in mind that you’ll want to review individual product write-ups before you purchase to make sure you get everything you need from that one model.
- Removable, washable covers
- Non-toxic padding and filling – CertiPUR-US certified
- Choice of mattress (orthopedic, cooling, memory foam, etc.)
- Various materials and color choices
- Sizing ranging from Extra Small to Jumbo Plus
- Orthopedic mattresses up to 9” thick
- Premium upgrades available, including gel-infused memory foam, plusher covers, and additional color options
- A line of accessories ranging from new covers to self-warming inserts, blankets, and water-resistant mattress liners
Even though FurHaven has something for every doggo, you’ll particularly appreciate this brand if your fur baby is incontinent or has physical challenges. The water-resistant mattress liners will make things easier for you. And options like cot-style beds and self-warming inserts are comforting for your little one.
Dog Test – Scruff’s Opinion
My parents really put me to work on this FurHaven dog bed review. While I didn’t test them all, I’m a fan of the hideaway bed as I got to play hide and seek with Mom and Dad. Then, when I pooped out, I just curled up, and it felt like I was sleeping on a marshmallow.
I also like the sofa-style bed because it was big and roomy so I could roll around. It was also super soft. I could rub my face against it, and it felt so nice. The only thing I didn’t like about the bed was its height. I’m a little guy and want to be higher off the ground, and the lounger was a bit too low. I still give it a five out of five paws because of all the different options available.
Sizes and Options
We want to give you a well-rounded review of FurHaven dog beds. But we could fill several blog posts detailing all 55 beds currently on sale. Instead, we’ll cover your mattress options and then quickly touch on the nine basic models.
Something is sure to catch your eye, as FurHaven has quite a few specialty dog beds that you won’t find just anywhere.
FurHaven Mattress Options
- Fiber-filled and 100% recycled – primarily used for bolsters
- Full Support – solid foam
- Convolute – egg crate-style foam – better for arthritic dogs
- Memory top – features an orthopedic core with a memory foam topper
- Cooling gel – Gel-infused topper with a medical-grade foam core below (reduces the temperature one to two degrees)
- Ovals and Cups
- Kennels and Crates
Ovals and Cups
While oval and cup beds are generally for smaller dogs, we appreciated that a few FurHaven models come in Extra-Large and even Jumbo. These are the styles that provide a cozy, protected feel. It’s like sleeping in a plush and squishy teacup.
- Sizes: Small to Jumbo
- Surface: Faux Fur, Faux Sherpa, Suede, Terry
- Colors: Off-white, Blue, Brown, Pink, Gray, Green
- Options: Orthopedic, Cuddlers
Hideaways and Burrows
This category takes the oval and cup dog beds to the next level. The hideaways and burrows come in tent style, providing a little plush roof over your pup’s head. Or, they’re softer and shaped like a giant ball to make dogs that like to burrow (hence the name) happy campers.
- Scruff likes to feel warm and snuggly, so he appreciates the hug-style with softer bolsters to cradle his neck.
- Sizes: 18” Round to Jumbo
- Surface: Faux Fur, Microvelvet, Faux Sherpa, Terry
- Colors: Off-white, Rainbow, Blue, Brown, Pink, Gray, Green
- Options: Donuts, Tents, Hugs, Hooded, Cuddlers
If you’re looking for a straight-up mattress-style pet bed, then head to the cushion category. These are the plain (no-bolster) type sleeping options, accommodating most dogs.
- Sizes: Small to Jumbo Plus
- Surface: Faux Fur, Faux Sherpa, Polycanvas, Suede, Terry
- Colors: Off-white, Tan, Blue, Brown, Gray, Green
- Options: Prints, Indoor/Outdoor, Travel
You’re probably familiar with sofa-style dog beds as they’re pretty standard. They resemble your living room couch, typically with bolsters on two or three sides. This is another of Scruff’s favorites, as he can stretch out and cushion his neck simultaneously. But FurHaven’s sofa-style are also ideal for the largest of breeds.
- Sizes: Medium to Jumbo Plus (including 2, 3, and 4 XL)
- Surface: Faux Fur, Faux Sherpa, Suede
- Colors: Off-white, Black, Blue, Brown, Gray, Green, Red
- Options: Two-Toned, Plush, Orthopedic Luxury, Perfect Comfort
The Contour collection is a smaller one. These are loungers with bolsters on opposite ends, and the oversized models are some of FurHaven’s priciest.
- Sizes: Small to Jumbo Plus and Giant
- Surface: Faux Fur, Microvelvet
- Colors: Off-white, Tan, Blue, Brown, Gray
- Options: Plush and Ultra Plush
You get two choices of Goliath beds, ideal for the largest of pups. One is a chaise lounge, and the other is a luxury orthopedic bed with bolsters on three sides.
- Sizes: Medium to Jumbo (plus 2XL, 3XL, 4XL)
- Surface: Faux Fur, Suede
- Colors: Blue, Brown, Gray
- Options: Orthopedic
The Indoor/Outdoor category covers cots and deluxe beds that’ll withstand the elements (at least mild weather conditions). There’s a travel model as well as a few mattress-style options.
- Sizes: Small to Jumbo Plus
- Surface: Mesh, Polycanvas
- Colors: Blue, Brown, Gray, Green
- Options: Packable, Deluxe, Self-warming Inserts
FurHaven offers an elevated reinforced cot bed that isn’t just great for the great outdoors but for older dogs having difficulty getting up and down. Unfortunately, the cot doesn’t come in Jumbo, which would be more comfortable for giant breeds.
- Sizes: Extra Small to Large
- Surface: Mesh
- Colors: Blue, Brown, Gray, Green
- Options: Blankets
Kennels and Crates
We particularly like the assortment of kennel and crate beds. It goes beyond ordinary mats and gives you some options of bolsters and water-resistant pads.
- Sizes: Extra-Small to Jumbo
- Surface: Faux Fur, Faux Sherpa, Polycanvas
- Colors: Off-white, Black, Blue, Brown, Pink, Gray, Green
- Options: Bolsters, Throws
Cleaning and Durability
We didn’t experience any issues with the durability of FurHaven dog beds. Even the lower-priced models are well-made. Of course, it’s also going to depend on whether or not your dog is a chewer and the model and fabric you select.
For the most part, though, you shouldn’t have a problem with these beds standing up to a bit of abuse here and there.
Washable and Replaceable
Except for the cot, you can easily clean these beds by unzipping the cover and washing them by hand or machine. The downside is that you can’t machine dry, so it’ll take a little before you can put them back together.
One of the best features of Furhaven dog beds is the ability to accessorize and buy extras, though. You can purchase waterproof mattress covers (think baby beds), spare covers, and even the mattress itself.
Warranties and Policies
Another benefit to this provider is its 60-day Worry-Free Warranty. As the site reads, it covers “spills, whoopsies, oh-nos, and holy-guacamoles.”
Just be sure to register your purchase within 14 days, though, or the warranty voids. There’s a handy form right on the Furhaven website, so it’ll only take you about two minutes at the most.
There’s also a 30-day return policy for undamaged beds and a 90-day warranty that’ll take care of a replacement if you find a manufacturer defect.
How Much Do FurHaven Beds Cost?
FurHaven beds range from under $15 to over $200, depending on the model and fabric you choose.
Are FurHaven Beds Worth the Money?
Not only are Furhaven beds durable, but you have so many options that you’re sure to find one for your particular dog. Even after years of wear, you can still resurrect these beds with new covers or mattresses available online.
Do FurHaven Dog Beds Come in Different Styles?
It’s an understatement to say that FurHaven dog beds come in different styles, as this brand covers everything from cots to tents to outdoor models. There are nine categories of beds and more than 50 variations.
How Do You Clean a FurHaven Dog Bed?
To clean a FurHaven dog bed, you unzip the cover and hand wash or throw it in the machine and then hang it to dry. The core can be spot cleaned. But if you have an accident-prone pup, you might want to buy a waterproof mattress cover and save yourself some time and effort.
Disclaimer: While it never affects our rankings or which products make the list, we might make a few bucks from some of the links posted on this page. It’s how we keep the lights on and how we’re able to keep buying yummy treats for our pups. It never affects our integrity or what you pay for a purchase.